Tuesday, April 2, 2019

crossing a creek and this coffee shop

There was definitely more to my dreaming but this scene stands out the most now. 

I was walking along a trail at times trying to ride a motorcycle (even though I couldn't ride- and can't in real life either- I never learned to ride a bike in general!) and at times, I was just walking. I eventually made it to a strange bridge that had very steep stairs going up, then the bridge, then another set of stairs going down. It was over a creek and now I wonder why considering I could have waded through it. I think I had four German Shepherds with me. I may have been carrying one and I was trying to get them to learn how to take the stairs... I had two adult shepherds trying to go up and down but they were very scared, I think I was holding one puppy as mentioned and the other puppy may have been behind me. This is really all I can remember right now. I will add more if I remember my dream later. 

Later- there was also a scene where I possibly worked at a coffee shop that also served deserts. I don't remember too many details but I remember thinking that this place didn't sell too many of either and I was always worried about messing up the orders. There were people around but "no one" that stands out...maybe just customers but they are all hazy. 

Dream symbols:

Images:  creek (again!),  stairs, bridge (tall and narrow), German Shepherds-adult and puppy,  barista machinery, desert machinery (both are hazy)

Colors: no colors really stand out but maybe green and brown

Feelings: trying to encourage the dogs to go up the stairs and not be scared, in the coffee shop scene- thinking about making mistakes and relieved we didn't sell/make much

Actions: moving slowly up the stairs with a scared dog on a bottom rung, maybe holding another dog, in the coffee shop- I don't remember doing anything other than observing- but it's all hazy as mentioned

My Thoughts: It's interesting that I dreamed of a creek/water two days in a row. I will interpret that as a need to change, or fear of drowning/getting wet, even though there is a very little (like the house flooding- why was this part of the house built there?) ...and the odd bridge I was trying to cross even though I didn't have to. The stairs and narrow bridge- along with the dogs... and my struggle to get them over their fears- they might relate to my own fears and struggles to get ahead- even though the answers/solutions might be easily resolved if I keep taking one step at a time. The dogs might relate to my self- hinderance...and different stages of those fears...  the dogs could have also waded through the creek... so I was carrying them and myself up these stairs for no reason. Maybe I should look around and see how silly this all is and just walk across the creek without a struggle. Wouldn't it be better to teach them to not fear the gently rushing water than try to walk up a clumsy set of stairs and be up high? I think I make my problems more than they need to be! 

As for the ice cream shop- my relief of little orders of coffee/ice cream and my fear of making mistakes- I interpret this as maybe a desire to not deal with my problems. In real life, I have worked at a small restaurant and as a barista- these things are not hard to make. But I think this is really about not wanting to deal with my problems. 

Notes: I have dreamed of working in a coffee/dessert shop a few other times before... and either had a really hard time keeping up with customers or I was looking for a job there or working- but no one was there- not even coworkers. 

Real Life:  I work in a veterinary clinic so I do see shepherds on a regular basis. I grew up with a creek in our backyard (down a field) and as mentioned, worked in a couple of coffee shops. I also have a wooden staircase (3 floors) to get up to my apartment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment